After 2016 turned into a difficult and challenging year, I am very much looking forward to new directions in 2017.
During the latter half of 2016 my health and well-being took a real set back. I had been prioritising other things. I had been giving some sound advice all year to the people I manage. Eventually I started to hear the advice and take it on board for myself.
A new year means a new direction and some different priorities. I have decided on an a core theme for 2017 –
Wellness is a conscious, self-directed and evolving process of achieving full potential
Applying a wellness approach can be useful in nearly every human endeavor.
It’s going to be running trough me like a stick of rock
Drawing on the work developed by Dr. Bill Hettler, co-founder of the National Wellness Institute (www.nationalwellness.org), I will be applying the theme by
- Contributing to my local community – I am making plans for volunteering
- Building my social network – through walking groups, volunteering, other groups and activities)
- Reviewing and developing my belief systems, values – creating a life ethos driven by wellness
- Prioritising regular physical activity, healthy eating habits, strength and vitality – getting back to walking, swimming, yoga and eventually running.
- Taking personal responsibility – focusing on self-care
- Maximising self-control and determination as a sense of direction
- Creative and stimulating activities and sharing with others (I have loads of crafting to get stuck into, Santa also brought me lots of equipment and books for growing fruit and veggies and I am back in Blogland!)
Have you set some priorities for 2017?
What’s your theme for the year ahead?