Blogging has been around for yonks, so why have I decided that now is the time to travel to blog land and become a blogger?
1. Blogging it a great tool – There are some things I want to do in my life and some changes I want to make. C’mon, who doesn’t? Using a blog is a tool to help with this. Having a blog is a way to give your life some structure and focus.
2. Do it now or you might just never do it – I have thought about blogging for a while but never really done anything with it. There’s a bit of a space in my life at the moment so I’m grabbing the moment and doing it now. Just get on with it.
3. It’s new challenge – My brain needs something constructive and meaningful. This one is free, portable easily accessible (the challenge, not my brain).
4. Use that creativity and imagination – we’ve all got stuff going on in our heads, admittedly some of it needs to stay there (or go away somewhere else). But I reckon there’s some good stuff in there too just waiting for an outlet.
5. Develop a new skill – I’ve already learnt loads about the blogging world and I will keep on learning. I chose wordpress.com because it’s so well used and you can use the support guide. I think I’m getting there. There is more to the techy stuff than I first thought though – who knew widgets were so important!
6. There’s a sense of achievement (hopefully) – if my blog helps me in cultivating my time, I will definitely feel a sense of achievement. If it helps me turn some of my passions into a lived reality, I will be tickety boo.
7. Think less and reflect more – okay I know that doesn’t make much sense but I know what I mean, even if no one else does (not helpful on a blog, I know). I want less busy, busy thinking, “I should do this, I don’t want to do that, what will I do if ………. happens?”. Let’s make some room for other stuff in my head like “What’s the difference between existing and living?” or maybe something easier to begin with like “Why is cheese so addictive?”
8. Have greater awareness – I reckon having a blog will make me look at the world with new eyes. If nothing else I will be looking at my life for things that are blog worthy. I hope I will learn to appreciate life in new ways.
9. Someone out there might just like what I’ve done, they might even comment – bonus!
10. Meet new people in the land of blog and be inspired by others – I’m looking forward to meeting other bloggers and fellow blog followers.
New friends welcome